Spring Stretch Hatha Intensive – Tuesdays: April 16, 23, and 30, 2019
Dates:: Tuesdays: April 16, 23, and 30, 2019
Time: 7:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
For those interested in a more intense Hatha yoga experience. This will be a self-paced class under the guidance of the instructor. The class is meant to allow you to go deeper into a few postures by gently staying in each one for a few minutes. We will use the awareness of slow, smooth breathing to stay within our individual capacity or possibly go a little beyond.
*Prerequisite– Participants should already have a regular yoga posture practice. You can prepare for the class by beginning (or continuing) to practice the postures below.
After some warm-ups, for the first hour we will spend extended minutes in each of these 6 postures:
- Cat-Cow – (Marjaryasana-Bitilasana) Benefits Spine
- Low Lunge – (Anjaneyasana) Benefits Groin
- Single Leg, Forward-Bend Pigeon – (Kapotasana) Benefits Hip
- Frog – (Mandukasana) Benefits Inner Thigh, Groin, Hip, Back, Twist
- Wide-Angle Sitting Forward Bend – (Upavistha Konasana) Benefits Groin, Hamstrings, Side
- Legs-Up-The-Wall – (Viparita Karani) A gentle, restorative inversion with many benefits
We will end with a sitting meditation.
Daniel Hertz (MS, BCB, E-RYT 500) has been on the faculty of The Meditation Center in Minneapolis since 1995 and has been offering individual Biofeedback sessions since 2007. He is internationally certified as a Biofeedback practitioner through BCIA.org. He is also the author of Swami Hari: I am a simple forest monk, which is available on Amazon. All profits from the sale of the book go to SRIVERM, the school in the remote Himalayas founded by Swami Hari.